War News: Latest Articles at Long War Journal, by Bill Roggio et al

Check out the latest round-up of milblog & web reports on the War on Terror

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Benefits of Being An Angel


For me, there are a lot of intangible benefits to being a member of Soldiers' Angels. Being a part of one troop-support organization or another simply seems the right thing to do. Sometimes it's just a good outlet when war coverage is frustrating -- at least I can let one or two soldiers, sailors, airmen, or marines know how grateful I am for their service and how impressed I am with what they've accomplished around the world, regardless of what others are blathering on about at the moment.

Then there is something as grin-worthy as getting hooked on the Kellogg's Protein Bars that you'd been sending to your soldier in Iraq. Figure-friendly, reasonably priced, and the easiest way I've found yet to eat "well" for breakfast and lunch.

Thanks, T!

No comments: